We are looking for highly motivated individuals who believe that access to insurance is essential in reducing the vulnerability of low-income populations.
Junior Advisor (m/w)
|Job-ID:||Location:||Assignment period:||Field:||Type of employment:||Application deadline:|
|P1469-V023||Eschborn||07/01/2018 - 06/30/2022||Economic Development||full or part-time||05/06/2018|
The A2ii is a unique global partnership working with insurance supervisors, development agencies, international insurance bodies and local entities with the mission to inspire and support insurance supervisors in promoting inclusive and responsible insurance.
Created in 2009, the A2ii is the implementation partner of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) for financial inclusion. The IAIS is the international standard setter of the insurance sector and represents insurance regulators and supervisors of more than 200 jurisdictions constituting 97% of the world’s insurance premiums. The A2ii enjoys the support of numerous partners and sponsors, including the IAIS, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), FinMark Trust, CGAP, ILO and UNCDF, the Asian Development Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, FIRST Initiative and Making Finance Work for Africa. The Secretariat of the A2ii is hosted by the GIZ on behalf of BMZ.
We develop tools for supervisors to identify knowledge gaps, articulate requests for support and conduct self-assessments on financial inclusion. We work closely with supervisors and our partners to conduct research and produce publications.
Together with the IAIS, the A2ii’s work covers the following key focus areas: Knowledge generation and dissemination, dialogue and learning among supervisors, supervisory capacity development via training, workshops and seminars and support for country and regional implementation.
Support A2ii's knowledge generation work:
- Research on inclusive insurance topics with a focus on regulatory and supervisory issues
- Draft A2ii knowledge and communication products
Support organisation of A2ii training and peer learning events.
Provide ad hoc general support to the A2ii secretariat team across the range of its activities as requested (e.g. ad hoc research, logistical or admin support at events, preparing presentations etc.).
Bringing great ideas into a welcoming team.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in economics, finance, business administration, international development or other related fields;
- Keen interest to work on financial inclusion topics in the area of insurance supervision;
- Strong research, communication and proven drafting skills;
- Strong organisational and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, liaison and cross-cultural skills;
- Excellent English skills (writing and speaking);
- A working knowledge of at least one other language preferably French, Spanish or German would be beneficial.
This position is allocated to the salary band 3.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.