The ILO’s Impact Insurance Academy is a unique opportunity to learn from more than ten years of experience and innovations in inclusive insurance facilitated by the ILO’s Impact Insurance Facility.
By combining plenary sessions with specific electives by the choice of participants, participative activities, case studies and intensive discussions, the Academy offers a dynamic learning environment for participants and experts from all over the world to discuss ways of developing inclusive insurance.
The Impact Insurance Academy targets mid-to senior-level insurance practitioners exploring and setting up inclusive insurance programmes in their organizations. Regulatory and supervisory authorities willing to support inclusive and responsible insurance in their countries are also invited to attend. The Academy is also tailored for financial institutions or other distributors that are interested in inclusive insurance. It is useful for development practitioners, funding agencies and technical assistance providers supporting projects in this field.
The Academy provides
- Cutting-edge topics presented and discussed in a series of classes facilitated by the ILO and partners’ experts and resource persons
- A range of elective workshops offering insight into specific subjects, testing tools and training packages
- Opportunities to present the work that you are doing and discuss with it with experts
- A peer-assist session and space for receiving a structured feedback to shape your project
- Structured knowledge-sharing sessions with an application of interactive learning methodologies
- Case-studies and examples from the world’s leading impact insurance providers
The Academy’s programme covers around 20 topics.
Have a look at 2018-edition programme and resource persons to get an overview of the academy. Check back in the next months for the most updated versions of 2019 programme with confirmed resource persons and experts, or download 2019-edition draft programme.
Format and methodology
- Plenary sessions discussing impact insurance fundamentals and current trends combined with a wide range of electives with experts
- Participative activities, case studies and intensive discussions in a dynamic learning environment
- Space to discuss and improve your own project or product.
- Tuition fee: 1615 EUR (includes: use of the Centre’s training facilities and associated support services, books and training materials).
- Subsistence fee: 635 EUR (includes: accommodation and full-board at the Centre, does not include: visa and travel costs).
Total cost: 2250 EUR
For information regarding payment, cancellation and refunds, please consult: http://www.itcilo.org/en/training-offer/how-to-apply