Intern (m/f) Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii)
GIZ HQ Eschborn
Field of activity
The A2ii is a unique global partnership working with insurance supervisors, development agencies, international insurance bodies and local entities with the mission to inspire and support insurance supervisors in promoting inclusive and responsible insurance.
Created in 2009, the A2ii is the implementation partner of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) for financial inclusion. The IAIS is the international standard setter of the insurance sector and represents insurance regulators and supervisors of more than 200 jurisdictions constituting 97% of the world’s insurance premiums. The A2ii enjoys the support of numerous partners and sponsors, including the IAIS, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), FinMark Trust, CGAP, ILO and UNCDF, the Asian Development Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, FIRST Initiative and Making Finance Work for Africa. The Secretariat of the A2ii is hosted by the GIZ on behalf of BMZ.
Together with the IAIS, the A2ii’s work covers the following key focus areas:
- Knowledge generation and dissemination
- Dialogue and learning among supervisors
- Supervisory capacity development via training, workshops and seminars
- Support for country and regional implementation
We develop tools for supervisors to identify knowledge gaps, articulate requests for support and conduct self-assessments on financial inclusion. We work closely with supervisors and our partners to conduct research and produce publications. The A2ii’s priority is to respond to the needs of insurance supervisors, and we do so by offering targeted support, i.e. seminars, training, in-depth assistance and knowledge products related to specific regional needs. To find out more about our work and why it matters, see the A2ii Factsheet. Given the international nature of the A2ii team and our work, this also means being part of a dynamic and culturally diverse community. You will work with supervisors, microinsurance experts and international development organisations from a wide range of countries.
For further information, please visit www.a2ii.org
The internship includes the full support of the A2ii Secretariat team. In particular she/he will assist the A2ii team in:
- Supporting A2ii’s external communication (website, social media, newsletter, etc.)
- Supporting the organisation of regional and global events (e.g. Consultative Forums, Consultation Calls)
- Researching on inclusive insurance topics
- Editing and layout of (event) reports, studies and other papers on a wide range of inclusive insurance related topics
- Assisting in meetings and workshops
- General administrative/organisational support
- Bringing great ideas to a welcoming team
- Bachelor‘s degree in economics, social sciences, international development, media/ communications or other related field
- Keen interest to work on financial inclusion topics in the area of insurance supervision
- Experience in communications, preferably involving insurance and/or financial services, regulation and policy or international development
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent MS-Office skills
- Experience in dealing with Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal)
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent English skills (writing and speaking) and intermediate German skills, knowledge of one other foreign language an asset
April 2017 – October 2017 (6 months)
We pay a monthly stipend of € 1.520,-
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Ms Teresa Pelanda (Mail: email@example.com).
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 29.03.2017.
Please apply through the GIZ website using this link.