Supervisory secondment opportunity at the Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii)
To further support our close link to insurance supervisors and to bring greater first hand supervisory experience to the secretariat, the A2ii is looking for a secondee from an insurance supervisory authority to undertake a 3- to 6- month placement at our headquarters in Eschborn, Germany, starting in March 2020.
Objective of the assignment
- Learn about the work of the A2ii, trends and global discussions around inclusive insurance regulation
- Build networks with peer supervisors from your region and globally through A2ii and IAIS events and involvement in the work of the A2ii secretariat
- Deepen the relationship between your jurisdiction, the A2ii and the IAIS
- Draw on your own perspective and experiences as a supervisor and actively contribute to the A2ii’s many exciting projects, supporting supervisors on developing inclusive insurance markets
- Be part of a dynamic international team
Field of assignment/Tasks
The exact task will be decided in consultation with the candidate depending on their skill set and experience. However, it might include one of the following tasks:
- Support the implementation of a data reporting template for inclusive insurance business in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Conduct research and draft a case study on regulatory impact; support the development of a regulatory impact toolkit for supervisory.
- Conduct research and draft study on proportionate application of supervisory practices on an aspect of supervision/regulation such as risk based supervision, governance, licensing, etc. Topic to be decided in consultation with the A2ii secretariat.
- Conduct research and support the implementation of a database on microinsurance
- Support the development of a diagnostic tool to help identify potential regulatory barriers to greater availability of insurance products to protect against climate/disaster related risks and support resilience.
- Other tasks as required
- At least 3 years professional experience in insurance supervision and regulation
- Project management experience
- Good communication and drafting skills
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, liaison and cross-cultural skills
- Excellent English skills (writing and speaking)
- A working knowledge of at least one other language would be beneficial
It is expected that the supervisory authority sending the secondee will continue to cover salary costs. A2ii will cover the secondee’s travel costs (flight, visa), accommodation and subsistence allowance according to GIZ policies.
Office space well as any other costs directly arising from the secondment will be provided by A2ii.
Candidates should send their CV, a motivation letter, and a letter of support from their management to email@example.com by 14 December 2019.