As a federal company, GIZ supports the Federal Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
Assignment period: 10/01/2019 - 03/31/2020
Type of employment: full- or part-time
Application deadline: 09/15/2019
The Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) is a unique global partnership working with insurance supervisors, development agencies, international insurance bodies and local entities with the mission to inspire and support insurance supervisors in promoting inclusive and responsible insurance.
Created in 2009, the A2ii is the implementation partner of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) for financial inclusion. The IAIS is the international standard setter of the insurance sector and represents insurance regulators and supervisors of more than 200 jurisdictions constituting 97% of the world’s insurance premiums. The A2ii enjoys the support of numerous partners and sponsors, including the IAIS, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the UK Department for International Development. The Secretariat of the A2ii is hosted by the GIZ on behalf of BMZ.
The A2ii’s priority is to respond to the needs of insurance supervisors. In working closely with supervisors and our partners we offer targeted support, i.e. seminars, training, in-depth assistance and knowledge products related to specific regional needs. We develop tools for supervisors to identify knowledge gaps and promote dialogue and learning among peers.
Given the international nature of the A2ii team and our work, this also means being part of a dynamic and culturally diverse community. You will work with supervisors, inclusive insurance experts and international development organisations from a wide range of countries.
The internship includes the full support of the A2ii Secretariat team. In particular she/he will assist the A2ii team in:
- Supporting A2ii’s external communication and promotional material, especially in the context of the A2ii’s 10 year anniversary in 2019 (website, social media, newsletter, etc.)
- Supporting the organisation of regional and global events
- Support A2iis social media activities
- Support in collecting and updating information on A2ii activities for our monitoring framework
- Support in reporting (to our donors), editing and layout of reports, studies and other papers on a wide range of inclusive insurance related topics
- Assisting in meetings and workshops
- General administrative/organisational support
- Bringing great ideas to a welcoming team.
- Bachelor‘s degree in digital media/communications, social sciences, economics, or other related field
- Interest in communications, knowledge management processes and data analytics preferably involving insurance and/or financial services, regulation and policy or international development
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent MS-Office skills
- Experience in use of relevant social media e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn
- Experience in dealing with Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal 8) or a willingness to learn
- Basic graphic design skills (Canva or similar) would be beneficial
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent English and German skills (writing and speaking), knowledge of one other foreign language an asset.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.580,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Ms.Grant (Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: +49 152 90025447).