- You will develop the strategy, workplans, operating procedures and budget for the A2ii, for approval by the Governing Council and Executive Committee
- In close consultation with the IAIS and other partners, you will take responsibility for transitioning the A2ii from a hosted GIZ project to an organisationally sustainable setup by mid-2025. This includes in particular the expansion and broadening of the A2ii's funding base, identifying structural options and ensuring a smooth transition into the Initiative's future organisational structure.
- You will liaise with stakeholders (including funding partners and other relevant organisations or regional associations) and delegate responsibility for particular tasks, or projects to organisations or independent consultants
You will maintain and build networks with relevant national and international players in the field of inclusive insurance and will represent A2ii in conferences, workshops and meetings
- You will report to commissioning parties and the Executive Committee on progress and budget and provide administrative support to the Governing Council and to the Executive Committee
- In line with the A2ii hosting agreement with GIZ, you will be responsible for the coordination with GIZ and for the BMZ commissioned project, including reporting, monitoring and budget/spending control, and assuring the technical and commercial quality in line with GIZ rules and regulations. You will be responsible for procurement and negotiations on behalf of the A2ii as well as financial management, administration, monitoring and evaluation of the A2ii's projects and activities.
- You will engage and collaborate closely with the IAIS, including regular travel to Basel, Switzerland, where the IAIS is based
You will lead a team of around 10 members in Eschborn/Germany, will manage the staff in accordance with GIZ’s understanding of leadership, and will cultivate appreciative leadership
- The A2ii is part of the GIZ Cluster Sustainable Economic Transformation & Financial Systems Development within the Section Sustainable Economic Development, Digitalisation. In this capacity, you will participate in and contribute to management team meetings and working groups in line with GIZ corporate goals as necessary.
- Postgraduate degree (MSc, MPhil or comparable) in Economics, Finance, Actuarial Science, Policy, Law or comparable
Substantial expertise in topics related to insurance supervision and regulation and/or inclusive insurance. Previous experience with the IAIS and/ or supervisory authorities are an advantage
- Long-standing professional experience in leading large, international, diverse teams, including managing staff remotely
Long-standing professional experience in emerging / developing countries on issues related to inclusive insurance, insurance regulation and supervision or related topics
- Proven track record in acquisition of funding and leading organisational change
Strong service orientation, diplomatic skills, strong networking and intercultural skills, and sound awareness of gender issues
- Strong leadership and management skills, strategic and analytical thinking, flexibility, agility and creativity, an ability to grasp new concepts rapidly and to prioritise
- Business fluent in English; further languages beneficial, especially German, Spanish and French
Apply by 14 May 2023 on the GIZ jobs website.