A2ii publishes the recording of the IAIS IMF Round Table on Risk-based Solvency Frameworks
The IAIS IMF Round Table on RBSIF took place in November 2022 hosted by Peter Windsor, International Monetary Fund, and Suzette Vogelsang, Prudential Authority, South Africa. The recording of the presentations and the follow-up discussion are now available on A2ii’s learning platform Connect.A2ii.
The transition to risk-based solvency is a priority for the IAIS membership.
Recently, the IAIS established a forum for transition to RBS regimes. The forum will conduct two main activities:
1. peer exchange sessions on topics related to issues and challenges of the transition and
2. development of guidance on the transition to solvency-based regimes.
The IMF's Suzette Vogelsang and Peter Windsor will be leading the drafting group for guidance, working closely with the IAIS membership on collecting case studies and sharing experiences. This workshop introduces the topics that the forum will be addressing in more depth.
In this learning resource, supervisors will find Case Study presentations from Kenya, Mexico and South Africa, as well as the Q&A that followed. The case studies feature:
- drivers for moving from a compliance-based toward a risk-based framework with a supportive regulatory framework,
- the overview of the transition journey and the implementation results
- associated challenges and
- key takeaways.
All insurance supervisors are welcome to register on the Connect.A2ii platform to get free access to this learning resource.