Deadline for applications extended: The 2nd Inclusive Insurance Innovation Lab
The 2nd Inclusive Insurance Innovation Lab
The new deadline for applications: 22 September 2019
What is it about?
The 2nd Inclusive Insurance Innovation Lab (iii-lab) 2020-2021 is an international capacity-building programme where 4 countries' teams will work on innovative solutions to advance the development of their insurance market.
The iii-lab is a unique opportunity for participants to foster change in their markets by:
- Enabling dialogue and mutual learning amongst key stakeholders of the inclusive insurance sector
- Equipping participants to take leadership within their sector and/or organisation
- Inspiring participants to take action and supporting initial implementation
When & where?
The iii-lab lasts from January 2020 until June 2021. It consists of 3 national workshops, 3 international gatherings and 2-3 online calls of all country teams (approximately 20 days in total). The precise dates and locations of the workshops will depend on which countries are selected. In addition, participants will dedicate time in between events to maintain dialogue within the country team and implement the innovations in their markets that teams will develop as part of the process.
Who can apply?
Insurance supervisors apply on behalf of the country teams. The teams will be composed of representatives from approximately 8 institutions including:
- the insurance regulator/supervisor
- the insurance association
- insurance providers (selected together with the association)
- at least one intermediary and/or distribution channel
- an individual or organisation that can represent the demand side
- other stakeholders perceived to be essential to insurance market development
For each institution, up to 2 representatives can participate: at least 1 executive-level and possibly 1 high-potential mid-level staff member. A gender balance should be aimed for within the country teams.
Please note: Supervisors do not need to have the country team ready at the time of the application. A2ii will accompany selected insurance supervisors in putting together the country teams.
How to apply
To apply, insurance supervisor should send a one-page letter of motivation along with a letter of endorsement from the Head of Authority (i.e. Insurance Commissioner) to email@example.com before September 22, 2019. Short-listed supervisors will be invited to a phone interview.
The following selection criteria will guide the selection process:
- Regional diversity;
- Insurance supervisor demonstrates motivation to actively participate in the iii-lab and has the support of the Head of Authority;
- Insurance supervisor demonstrates openness to search for new solutions collaboratively with other stakeholders;
- Country has the potential to act as a role model and catalyst in the region.
There are no participants’ fees for the iii-lab. However, participating country teams are expected to cover the costs for flight and accommodation during national and international lab meetings. The second and third national meetings are to be hosted by a country team member. Individual country team members unable to cover the full costs of participation can apply for a limited number of scholarships. All other costs related to the process outlined above will be covered by the A2ii.
Mariella Regh, iii-lab Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org